8/28 Bus trip to Washington DC for Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor”. BUS IS FULL!!!! revised 8/23, 1:21 pm
You have paid $49 per person, includes driver tip and driver hotel for the day. This is the most inexpensive way to get your family to DC!
PLEASE CARRY YOUR PHONE WITH YOU AND KEEP IT TURNED ON.
The bus will leave from Walmart (845 Blowing Rock Blvd, Lenoir, NC 28645 (828) 754-0763) parking lot on Hwy-321 in Lenoir, NC, at 10:00pm on August 27th, returning back to the Walmart parking lot in Lenoir at 1am or 2 am on August 29th. There is a huge parking lot there and we can park our cars in the very front of the parking lot between the southern entrance and FATZ. Just look for the bus
• The bus will have a restroom on board.
• We will make an overnight drive to DC.
• Please bring snacks & drinks for the day, in the past, there are no snacks for sale on the lawn of the Mall or near the Lincoln Memorial. You will have time to walk to restaurants around the Whitehouse and Capital Building. The museums have food, but as you can imagine, that food is quite expensive.
• There is plenty of room for folding chairs and signs on the bus. (No signs SEE info kit –> http://media.glennbeck.com/828/828kit.pdf )
• There will be time to visit a museum or two. 🙂
• Expect hot weather for the day of the festival and make sure you bring water, hats, sunscreen, etc.
The bus will drop us off in Alexandria, VA, at the Eisenhower Ave Metro Station.
The Metro costs $2.40 cash / $1.80 cash for seniors. $2.15 each for a SmarTrip card (I don’t know how that works).
We will make a stop for breakfast and dinner on the way.
Breakfast — Denny’s in Dale City, VA, 6am
Dinner – Applebee’s in Dumfries, VA, 6:00pm
We will load the buses in Alexandria at the Eisenhower Ave metro station at 5:30pm to return home. Please note this schedule is subject to change, we will make all last minute announcements on the bus. I need everyone’s cell phone number. PLEASE CARRY YOUR PHONE WITH YOU AND KEEP IT TURNED ON.
Steve Bogdan and Christine Gates cell phone 828-474-0022 (put it in your phone now)
8/28 Bus Itinerary
8 hour drive from Lenoir to DC
……10pm – 6am + time to stop for breakfast (10pm-7am)
Leave Lenoir from Walmart parking lot at 8/27 at 10pm sharp!!!! Don’t not be late, please.
…….Address: Walmart, 845 Blowing Rock Blvd, Lenoir, NC 28645 (828) 754-0763
Denny’s – 2861 Dale Blvd, Dale City, VA 22193 Website (703) 680-5589
…….(I called and let them know we would be there around 6am.) Off exit 176B.
Drive into Alexandria, VA.
……….Eisenhower Ave Metro Station,
……….2400 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA 22314 202-637-7000
Metro map http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm THE TRAINS RUN ABOUT EVERY 10-MINUTES. IT TAKES 35-MINUTES TO GET FROM EISENHOWER AVE TO FEDERAL TRIANGLE STOP.
Get on Eisenhower Ave Metro YELLOW (towards Fort Totten),
………at L’Enfant Plaza change to BLUE (towards Franconia-Springfield),
………get off train at Federal Triangle – the nearest stop to Lincoln Memorial.
Where ever you are at 4:45, get back to…
……..L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station on either ORANGE or BLUE train
……………..Once at L’Enfant Plaza change to YELLOW train (towards Huntington Station)
……………..Get off train at Eisenhower Ave Metro Station in Alexandria by 5:30pm SHARP!
………THE BUS WILL BE WAITING FOR US HERE at the Metro station.
Drive to dinner at Applebee’s,
……….3330 Pine Bluff Dr., Dumfries, VA 2400 703-221-0783
……….Off I-95, exit 152A
Return home to Lenoir around 1am on 8/29.
Email questions to caldwellTEAparty@ yahoo.com or
call Christine Gates, home 754-8039 or cell phone 828-474-0022 I will be your mama!
- info kit –> http://media.glennbeck.com/828/828kit.pdf
- FAQ from Glenn Beck –> http://www.glennbeck.com/828/
- DC Metro info —> http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm
- MapQuest of DC and Alexandria –> http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Alexandria
- DC Visitor’s guide —> http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wdcctc/ovg0110/#/0
- Trolley Tour link –> http://www.trolleytours.com/washington-dc/union-station.asp
- Gov’t designed interactive map –> http://www.dcpages.com/Tourism/Maps/Washington_DC_Map/