MEETING, 11/17, Wednesday, 7pm at the Library. (date change)
Thanks to all of you for volunteering to help with our float. I think this
will be a good opportunity for us to get some visibility. I will be leaving
for Alabama on Tuesday, 11/23, so I will need you to do the actual
Here are some things I have thought of that we need to do:
1. Submit parade application to City of Lenoir. (Deadline Noon, Nov. 22) Parade schedule: Parade time-2:00 pm, November 27. Line-up-Noon,
Nov. 27. Parade line forms on College Avenue by way of Light Street (between
Lenoir Ice & Fuel and Fairfield Chair.)
2. Theme-“Christmas through the eyes of a Child”
a. Decorations-We have a “Caldwell Tea Party” banner we can use. I
would also like to have a banner or sign with the Caldwell Tea Party web
address. We need to come up with some appropriate Christmas decorations. I have some Christmas garland. We have a lot of pine trees in our woods around our house that could be cut for pine boughs, if you think we could use it around the trailer. YES!!! 🙂 Leave them outside in the shade and with the cool weather they will be fine for 11/27.
Let’s use this as an inventory as well as thoughts for how the “float”
should look. Let us know what ideas you have and any decorations or
supplies that might be useful. We can also buy items, if we need them. I
know some of you are more creative than I am, so please jump in with
something that will knock our socks off!
Here is a list of items I have available. Please add to it.
- Caldwell Tea Party Banner
- Tinsel garland
- Pine boughs
- 2 bags full of stuffed animals
b. Music/Sound-The rules state, “Portable PA systems will not be
allowed, other than for recorded music as appropriate.” We can use a CD player for music. We will give Keren B. a megaphone (not a PA) to enhance her voice as she recites part of the Constitution. Any thoughts on music? We have a wide variety of Christmas CD’s.
3. Tea Party Message? We can go two different ways on this. For example, a
child could hold an “interesting and informative” sign. What are your thoughts on this?
4. To Do List (please add to this!)
- Design float decorations
- Determine who will ride on float
- Gather/buy decorative items
- Decorate the float
- Get to the parade line-up by noon, ride the float, and have a great time!
5. Meeting-I propose we have a meeting early next week to make some
decisions and determine assignments. Please let me know if you can make it
at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, Nov. 17. I will schedule a room at the Lenoir
6. What are other topics we need to discuss?
skanode [at] mindspring [dot] com