Dear Fellow Patriots:
We hope you all had a great holiday, but there is trouble in the lame-duck session. From the latest information we have analyzed, the chances that Reid and Pelosi will pass an Amnesty next week are fairly good! The majority of fellow Americans want our immigration laws enforced and illegal immigration stopped — not rewarded with likes of the DREAM Act.
They have a lot of bitter lawmakers who have been thrown out of DC, that are willing to stab America in the back on the way out. Rumors coming out of DC continue about an ambush vote on the Dream Act Amnesty which may take place Monday or Tuesday of next week! Some ‘Republican’ sources are trying to sing you to sleep claiming they believe the chances of passage are low. Don’t you dare fall for that! We must fight this Amnesty push with all we can muster! The DREAM Act bill number is S.3827.
If the Democrats stick together in the House, they only need ONE VOTE in the Senate to pass a cloture vote with 60 US Senators! They just need one more person in DC to agree to betray America and millions of illegal aliens will be granted amnesty using the current laws. Illegal aliens will be on the path to legally voting in US elections, as opposed to illegally voting as they do now.
We need as many of you as possible to be ready to make some intensive calls into DC, using our new strategy to be unveiled the morning of Monday November 29. Get everyone you can to join our email alerts lists at ALIPAC.us BEFORE MONDAY MORNING!
Phones need to be rung. If you have not called into a Congressman before, it is not that difficult. You will end up speaking to a staff aide, simply state that you are commenting to the Senator about the DREAM Act and to urge the Senator to please vote NO, then can go into explaining reasons of why you oppose the bill, and oppose illegal immigration.. Talking should be direct to point, be polite to the staff aide, courteous, and no swearing. Explain some of the talking points given here.
The opposition we have heard has recently changed the bill by softening some of its most egregious aspects. You have done such a good job of pointing out loopholes that the amnesty sponsors have introduced new versions of DREAM that:
reduce the maximum age from 35 to 30
eliminate the section rewarding illegal aliens with in-state tuition
Even these two concessions don’t go far enough, and there are many more problems with the bill besides those two. Still, any amnesty is unacceptable and the DREAM Act needs to be stopped in any form.
Some Senators who currently are whipped as being NO votes — as well as “Unannounced” Senators — might switch to YES if the DREAM sponsors keep narrowing the amnesty.
The DREAM Act amnesty is being billed by its backers as a sort of good behavior reward for young people who were brought to this country as children but who studied hard and now want to go to college.
It sounds harmless, but the truth doesn’t look so good. Most illegal aliens under 35 would qualify. They do NOT have to learn English. They do NOT have to have a record clean of all misdemeanors and felonies. Anyone who says they have taken any college classes or PLANS to take them will be eligible.
Obviously, we have to beat this terrible insult to the rule of law. If the DREAM Act amnesty passes, here will be some of the consequences:
The results of Nov. 2 election will be partially overturned. Obviously, the American people on election day were clear that they wanted no more amnesties; and millions of illegal Aliens will then become potential voters.
An estimated 2.1 million illegal aliens will be given work permits. They will be able to compete head-to-head with the 22 million Americans who cannot find a job;
These people will qualify for U.S. citizenship. Once naturalized, they will be able to sponsor their relatives to immigrate here–even their illegal alien relatives already here! They will qualify for Medicaid, welfare, and in-state tuition at our colleges.
Please Call, Email, Fax and/or Write these 7 Senators as priority!
McCain, Graham, Snowe, Collins, LeMieux, Voinovich, Gregg
Senator John McCain (AZ)
DC Phone: 202-224-2235
Senator Olympia J. Snowe (ME)
DC Phone: 202-224-5344
Email Address: Homepage: http://snowe.senate.gov/public/
Senator Susan Collins (ME)
DC Phone: 202-224-2523
WWW Homepage: http://collins.senate.gov/
Senator George S. LeMieux (FL)
DC Phone: 202-224-3041 or 904-398-8586
Home page: http://lemieux.senate.gov/public/?p=Home
Senator George V. Voinovich (OH)
DC Phone: 202-224-3353
Senator Lindsey Graham (SC)
DC Phone: 202-224-5972
Senator Judd Gregg (NH)
DC Phone: 202-224-3324
WWW Homepage: http://gregg.senate.gov/
THEN — ‘Undecideds’ are 2nd priority
We need at least 4 of these 14 to vote NO. But because there are a few wish-washy Senators among our NO list, we should aim to get at least 6 of these Undecideds. Please help.
Although many of these seem like they are leaning NO or ought to be a NO vote, there has to be a reason why they have chosen to remain publicly Undecided. The reason is unlikely to be a good one.
Most of these Undecided Senators are from small to medium sized states.
Sen. Claire Catskill (MO)- 202-224-6154
Sen. Ben Nelson-(NE)- 202-224-6551
Sen. Kay Hagan-(NC)- 202-224-6342
Sen. Joe Manchin (WV) -202-224-3954
Please consider taking a few minutes to call.
By Senator Jeff Sessions
1. The DREAM Act Is NOT Limited to Children, And It Will Be Funded On the Backs Of Hard Working, Law-Abiding Americans
2. The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, Including Criminals, From Being Removed or Deported If They Simply Submit An Application
3. Certain Criminal Aliens Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act
4. Estimates Suggest That At Least 2.1 Million Illegal Aliens Will Be Eligible For the DREAM Act Amnesty. In Reality, We Have No Idea How Many Illegal Aliens Will Apply
5. Illegal Aliens Will Get In-State Tuition Benefits
6. The DREAM Act Does Not Require That An Illegal Alien Finish Any Type of Degree (Vocational, Two-Year, or Bachelor’s Degree) As A Condition of Amnesty
7. The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien serve in the military as a condition for amnesty, and There is ALREADY A Legal Process In Place For Illegal Aliens to Obtain U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service
8. Despite Their Current Illegal Status, DREAM Act Aliens Will Be Given All The Rights That Legal Immigrants Receive-Including The Legal Right To Sponsor Their Parents and Extended Family Members For Immigration
9. Current Illegal Aliens Will Get Federal Student Loans, Federal Work Study Programs, and Other Forms of Federal Financial Aid
10. DHS Is Prohibited From Using the Information Provided By Illegal Aliens Whose DREAM Act Amnesty Applications Are Denied To Initiate Their Removal Proceedings or Investigate or Prosecute Fraud in the Application Process