- APRIL 16th, Saturday, 12pm – 4pm
- Tax Day TEA Party Rally sponsored by Morganton & Caldwell TEA Party groups.
- Downtown Morganton at the Old Courthouse
- (102 E Union St, Morganton, NC 28655)
- Event is for families, is free, and is open to the public.
R A I N OR S H I N E ! ! !
Tea will be served!! First 100 people get a free t-shirt from FrenzyTs. Food vendors. MUSIC!! Great speakers about Conservative values, smaller government, and lower taxes.
- Invocation – Pastor Rick Crouse, Dryponds Baptist Church, Granite Falls
- Pledge of Allegiance – Eddie, Christine, Steve, Ron
- National Anthem (all verses) – HomeGrownRadio GraniteFalls
- Introduction to the Declaration of Independence – Keren Bennett
- John Locke Foundation, Exec Vice President, Kory Swanson;
- Civitas, Matt Wallaby (I apologize for not knowing his title);
- Smart Girl Politics & MeckCO GOP HQ Chair, Julie McKinney;
- ALIPAC, NC Coordinator, Ron King;
- FairTax, Rick Woods and Guy Smith;
- Burke County GOP Treasurer, Alexis Townsend;
- NC Senator, Warren Daniel (R);
- Campaign For Liberty, Adam Love;
- Businessman and US House candidate, Vance Patterson;
- Agenda 21/Sustainability/Survival, Neal Thomas;
- TEA Party politics, Jack Simms;
- Yadkin Valley TEA Party / TPP, Mark Hager;
- Incumbent politicians, Colby Carr;
- Burke County Republican Women, Marge Livesey;
A host of speakers will be addressing current issues in America. Heritage Foundation booth. All are encouraged to bring flags and signs appropriate for the occasion.
HomeGrownRadio Granite Falls, Granite Falls
Al’s Diner, Granite Falls
City BBQ, Granite Falls
GREAT DAY!!!! It poured until 11:15am, and then the sun came out. It was a beautiful day indeed. It was no big surprise that many people stayed home, but the ones who came were very enthusiastic. All 15 speakers were fantastic, patriotic, knowledgeable, and spirited! They came from as fall away as Raleigh. We had a reporter from the Morganton paper, who was talking to people and taking notes and pictures. Everyone left with a FrenzyT’s t-shirt and a full belly. Sweet tea was endless and we all had fun. Thank you all for coming!!!!!!!
I’m sorry about all the havoc that was wreaked east of us in NC. One of my speakers sent a text – ‘His power was out and a tree had fallen on his pump house.’ Wake County had some deaths from tornadoes. God bless.
I’ll post pictures as soon as people send me some. 🙂 Please.
I am a resident of Caldwell County. I am interested in being an active member of a Tea Party in Caldwell Country. Could you please tell me of the next meeting time and location.
Y’all should try and make it to these type of venues. They are very patriotic and your children will learn a lot too. I am actually sun burnt and the weatherman was wrong. We had a down pour right around 11am for about 2 minutes and that was it. The weatherman was calling for lightning and thunder and more rain. I can not believe how nice it got. Our country is on fire and things seem to be happening very fast all over the world and George Washington would not have let a little water stop him back in the day. Come on out and get involved before we lose the right and freedom of assembly and speech.