…. IN THE RACE SO FAR
Candidates listed in no particular order, and the order will be changed periodically.
Article from 11/21/11 Candidate Forum: http://theashevilletribune.com/gop-th-congressional-candidates-debate Attended Meadows, Eichenbaum, Hunt, Campbell, and Petrella.
Dr. Dan Eichenbaum (R)
- official website – http://drdan4congress.com
- facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Dan-4-Congress/166586807507?sk=wall
- twitter – @drdan4congress
Vance Patterson (R)
- Official site – http://www.vancenc.com/about.html
- facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vance-Patterson-for-US-Congress-NC-11/175518752528099
- twitter – @Vancenc
- Announcement – http://www2.morganton.com/news/2011/sep/26/patterson-announces-candidacy-ar-1433193/
Mark Meadows (R)
- official website – http://www.meadowsforcongress.com
- facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Meadows-for-US-Congress
- twitter – @votemeadows
- announcement – http://madisonncgop.com/press-releases/
Jeff Hunt (R)
- official website – http://www.jeffhuntforcongress.com
- article – http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20110727/ARTICLES/107271001
Ed Krause (R)
- announcement – http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/2011/aug/22/krause-wants-be-your-congressional-captain-ar-1322596/
Kenny West (R)
- official website – http://www.kennywestforcongress.com
- facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenny-West-for-Congress/178557439806
Susan Harris (R)?, but she ran as a Democrat in 2010 for Richard Burr’s senate seat.
Health Shuler (D-NC)
- Incumbent (current office holder); he may or may not run again.
- Official House site – http://shuler.house.gov
- GovTrack record – http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=412225
Chris Petrella (R), ran for Governor of Nevada as a (D) in 2002.
- official website – http://www.chrispetrella.com
- facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Petrella-For-Congress-2012/256956054330216
- article – http://caldwellrepublicanclub.com/2011/08/07/chris-petrella/
Spence Campbell (R)
- official website – http://www.spencecampbell.com
- facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spence-Campbell-for-Congress/254107724603004
- announcement – http://www.mountainx.com/blogwire/2011/spence_campbell_running_for_congress#.Tj6ZeFsc30c
- article – http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20110708/ARTICLES/107081009