SENATE vote list:
- H.R. 8 An act entitled the “American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012” (formerly titled “Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012” from July 2012)
- Passed 89 – 8 – 3 ………….. on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:39am.
- Senate Roll Call vote
- No votes: Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee, Carper, Bennett, Grassley, Harkin, Shelby.
- Did not vote: Jim DeMint, Kirk, Launtenberg
HOUSE vote list:
- The full list of Fiscal Cliff votes. House Roll Call vote #659
- Here are the YES votes from the GOP House members on the Fiscal Cliff. They are on the 2014 naughty list now. https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/286322706864025600/photo/1
Interesting inside politics info about this bill. Since all spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, and since the Senate wouldn’t pass a bill the House would agree to. The last budget/fiscal cliff bill was S.6688. The Senate pulled some funny stuff. The Senate sidestepped the rules and took another bill, HR.8, already passed by the House and replaced the old language with new language and added a bunch of pork spending. That’s what was passed by last Senate and the House. Senate members may or may not have gotten a chance to read the new bill. But House members complained they didn’t get a chance to read the bill passed at 1am and voted on at 10pm.
Schoolhouse Rock! – I’m Just A Bill