Senator Jeff Sessions says the danger of another unilateral Executive Order mass amnesty from the President is being considered!
“The consent of the governed is not consent if the governed is not informed” – as such Executive Orders are dictatorial and unConstitutional to manifest legislation because they are not legislated by Congress and not approved by the will of the American People.
Immediate calls needed.
Please consider making phone calls to the Reps. and Senators today and thru the week as action occurs on illegal immigration to avoid bad outcomes. Two important calls needed:
1) Calls to both chambers to demand that Pres. Obama’s planned administrative amnesty be blocked before any new money is given him.
2) Call House Members — tell them to support HR 5160, the Marsha Blackburn bill AND then tell them NO on the Cornyn-Cuellar bill — the HUMANE Act.
Please oppose the border bill introduced by Sen. John Cornyn and Rep. Henry Cuellar (HUMANE ACT) as this bill actually further complicates the process of removing illegal alien minors by giving them an additional hearing before an immigration judge to attempt to establish they have a legitimate claim to stay in the U.S. In addition, the Cornyn-Cuellar bill allows illegal alien minors who have received final deportation orders in the past 18 months to get those orders expunged and re-apply for admission to the U.S.!! (To learn more, read FAIR’s summary of the Cornyn-Cuellar bill.) The bill includes portions of another bill introduced by Rep. Michael McCaul that would actually weaken existing immigration law. In particular, this House bill is damaging because the bill does nothing to address the real cause of the crisis. It does not attempt to stop President Obama’s non-enforcement policies or his administrative amnesty programs. And it does nothing to impede President Obama from fulfilling his promise to grant administrative amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in the U.S. by the end of the summer.
Democrats as well as Republicans need to be called. It is important for Democrats — three months before elections — to hear just how unpopular these amnesties are
Make one or more of the following points to the congressional staffer who answers the phone:
1. You object to Pres. Obama by himself giving another mass amnesty to illegal aliens. The news media are reporting that he plans to do it soon, and you are outraged.
2. Congress should not give the President any of the money he wants for the Border Surge unless the bill prohibits the President from issuing any more work permits to illegal aliens without congressional approval. Ask if the Representative will promise to insist on that.
3. Tell them you support H.R.5160 by Rep. Blackburn that blocks any more go-it-alone amnesties by a President.
(The Blackburn bill would prohibit any federal agency or instrumentality from using federal funding or resources to: (1) consider or adjudicate any new or previously denied application of any alien requesting consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals, as authorized by Executive memorandum on August 15, 2012; or (2) authorize any alien to work in the United States who was not lawfully admitted into the United States and who is not in lawful status in the United States on the date of enactment of this Act.)
Additional important background info:
1. As Congress has debated how to respond to the President’s request for $3.7 billion in extra funding, House leaders have insisted that policy changes must accompany the money. They have focused specifically on changing the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (TVPRA) of 2008 to allow minors from Central America to be processed and deported quickly like minors from Mexico.
While this is a laudable goal, the Senate has vowed to block any changes to the 2008 Act. And, if policy changes are sent to the Senate, any legislation that returns to the House is likely to contain some sort of amnesty or other bad policy changes. This would set up a dangerous scenario for a conference committee or action in a lame-duck session of Congress.
President Obama has made it clear that he does not care whether Congress amends the 2008 Act to speed up the removal of minors from Central America. Just last Thursday, the White House confirmed that it is considering a plan to admit even MORE Honduran, Guatemalan and Salvadoran minors by giving them refugee status –an act that requires outright ignoring the legal definition of a refugee. Granting refugee status to these minors would nullify any legislation Congress passes to speed up the processing and deportation of illegal alien minors crossing the border.
Under the guise of “prosecutorial discretion,” President Obama has blatantly refused to enforce our immigration laws, ordering immigration agents to essentially ignore all illegal aliens who have not been convicted of violent crimes. Removals of illegal alien minors have dropped nearly 80 percent during his Administration. Even President Obama’s former director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) unapologetically declared that the chances of the average illegal being deported are “close to zero.”
To make matters worse, President Obama has circumvented Congress and adopted administrative amnesty programs, such as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA), that shield illegal aliens from deportation. These policies have sent a clear message around the world: if you come, you can stay
————Former Border Patrol Agent describes deception and that Border is not secure. Strong points made at the 4:30 minute mark and on..