Call Caldwell County NC House Rep George Robinson today about illegal immigrants receiving NC drivers licenses. My mom talked to him this morning. He wants to hear from us. Call. Voice your opinion.
Office phone 919.733.5931
I believe in the CONSERVATIVE principles and values of the Republican Party as they are written, and not how they are currently practiced by today's RINO's. Smaller government, lower taxes, more personal responsibility, states' rights, free market capitalism, and less government intrusion in our lives!
NO NO NO!!!! ILLEGALS need to be deported and NOT given drivers License. They are Law Breakers!!! What part of Law Breakers does the people NOT understand????
Misinformation about H328 from NC House members
Section 6 of this H328 allows for any and all illegal aliens in the State of North Carolina to be eligible to receive a “restricted” North Carolina Driver’s License/permit and/or N.C. ID card.
This bill is NOT about licenses/permits/ID cards for the DACA approved illegal aliens in N.C. They are already receiving their “restricted” N.C. driver’s licenses/permits/ID cards. (Upwards of 50,000 of them have been issued so far.)
The reason the word restricted is in quotation marks is because the NC. driver’s license/permit/ID cards do have some limitations on them.
1) it can not be used to register to vote (you and I know that, but what happens if someone DOES use it to register to vote? What safeguards are in place to ensure that person does not vote?)
2) it can not be used as a legitimate ID to enter government buildings (big penalty huh?)
3) it can not be used to board aircraft (well, yes it can and the TSA in California is already allowing it: http://www.breitbart..com/national-security/2015/01/29/democrats-lie-illegals-fly-new-ca-licenses-accepted-by-tsa/
4) it can not be used to obtain social services meant for NC citizens. (What happens if an employee of the NC Social Services Dept DOES use it as a valid ID to obtain services? What safeguards are in place to ensure those services do not go to the illegal alien applicant?)
5) issuing licenses to illegal in NC violates the Real ID Act. It is important to note that NC IS in compliance with the REAL ID Act and MUST adhere to these requirements when issuing licenses (permits)/ID cards.
REAL ID Act of 2005
Click to access real-id-act-text.pdf
By December 31, 2009, states must check the lawful status of all applicants for licenses to ensure that unauthorized immigrants do not obtain REAL ID compliant licenses.
Section 202- Minimum Standards for Issuance (read #5)
In addition to imposing requirements related to the physical nature of the card, REAL ID mandates that states require presentation of documents that verify the following information about an applicant before issuing a driver’s license or an identification card to him or her:
2. Date of birth
3. Social Security Number or verification of ineligibility for a Social Security Number
4. Address of principal residence
5. Lawful status in the United States (not “legal presence”)
Evidence of Lawful Status (read #8)
A state may issue a REAL ID driver’s license or identification card only to a person who presents satisfactory evidence of lawful status. A state must require, before issuing a driver’s license or an identification card to a person, valid documentary evidence that the person meets one of the following requirements:
1. Is a citizen or a national of the United States
2. Is an alien lawfully admitted for permanent or temporary residence in the United States
3. Has conditional permanent resident status in the United States
4. Has an approved application for asylum in the United States or has entered the United States with refugee status
5. Has a valid, unexpired non-immigrant visa for entry into the United States
6. Has a pending application for asylum in the United States
7. Has a pending or approved application for temporary protected status in the United States
8. Has approved deferred-action status (only DACA individuals are legally eligible for a license/ID card, not illegal aliens)
9. Has a pending application for adjustment of status to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States or conditional permanent residence in the United States.
Other than that, these “restricted” licenses are the exact same license as you and I received. It can be used as official identification and/or for driving purposes just like the one you have.
There are NO DRIVING RESTRICTIONS placed on the “restricted” driver’s license/permit.
Some Reps who support it, like to mince words and say it is “NOT A LICENSE”; It is a “RESTRICTED DRIVING PERMIT”.
Well what’s the difference if those are the only restrictions placed on it?
Will call in the morning — here are list of Repub sellouts that are trying to flood NC with illegal Aliens by making NC a sanctuary State by giving a defacto amnesty to illegal Aliens by giving them a State document — driver license/permit or ID of ANY kind. These Congressmen will be posted for removal from office
Here are the 11 Republican Legislators who violated the GOP Platform and voted with the Democrats to pass HB 328 in the House Finance Committee.
Brian Brown 919-733-5757 Brian.Brown@ncleg.net
Bill Brawley 919-733-5800 Bill.Brawley@ncleg.net
Harry Warren 919-733-5784 Harry.Warren@ncleg.net…
Jeff Collins 919-733-5802 Jeff.Collins@ncleg.net
Jonathan Jordan 919-733-7727 Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net
Nelson Dollar 919-715-0795 Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net
Larry Yarborough 919-715-0850 Larry.Yarborough@ncleg.net
Paul “Skip” Stam 919-733-2962 Paul.Stam@ncleg.net
Bob Steinburg 919-733-0010 Bob.Steinburg@ncleg.net
Susan Martin 919-715-3023 Susan.Martin@ncleg.net
Jay Adams 919-733-5988 Jay.Adams@ncleg.net