From our House Freedom Caucus co-founder, Rep. Mark Meadows, “please call YOUR Congressman and express your opinions on this contentions Speaker’s race.” Link to find your member: http://www.house.gov/representatives
I heard this morning Paul Ryan wants more power for the Speaker and has not agreed to the House Freedom Caucus’s requests.
Call, fax, email, webmail, Tweet, or Facebook message your Congressman! Call tonight and leave a message.
American Republicans are disgusted with the way Washington is working and how We-the-People are being completely ignored by Republican Leadership. While this is not a complete list, the House Freedom Caucus wants Paul Ryan to agree to the following before they will support him for Speaker of the House:
- Support House Rules changes to decentralized leadership power to allow all members the same opportunity to present bills and amendments and to stop retaliation and committee assignment punishments.
- Support reforming Republican Conference Rules so the position of the majority of Republicans in the House would determine the proceedings and the direction of the House policy positions (i.e., Repealing Obamacare, defunding Planned Parenthood, stopping the Iran Nuke Deal, etc…).
- Support House Rules changes to reform Steering Committee to allow the Speaker and Majority Leader’s votes to one each.
- Support House Committees to election their own Chairmen, not to be appointments of the Speaker.
- Support a formal recorded Role Call vote of Leadership for all waivers for regular House Rules.
- Support the impeachment of the IRS Commission John Koskinen for abuse of power regarding politically targeted IRS investigations.
- Supports the House passing all 12 spending bills and not allow the Senate to use a Continuing Resolution (CR) to block the process.
- Ending Pay-for-Play at the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) that controls how all the of the PAC money in Washington is doled out to House GOP members.
These are not unreasonable reforms and requests.
I haven’t heard that Ryan has agreed to this list. I’m not even sure if I can believe the news reports as of this morning saying “2/3’s of the House Freedom Caucus is supporting Ryan now.” I don’t know who is supporting whom yet. The last man the House Freedom Caucus supported is still Daniel Webster.
Remember, Ryan wants more power for the Speaker and has not agreed to the House Freedom Caucus’s requests. TEA Party Patriots opposes Ryan.
In the end, Rep. Daniel Webster, the former Florida Speaker of the House, is still willing and ready to take the vote to be our next Speaker of the House.
CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN. Paul Ryan will not be real change unless he agrees.