The Pisgah Inn is closed down compliments of the federal government. This story has been picked up national new media. It’s a private business that is located on government property. One of many businesses that are shutdown across the country. Some totally privately owned and operated. This will not stand.
The Pisgah Inn was first shut down on Thursday at 6pm. They reopened in defiance of the the National Park Service on for Friday morning and were promptly shutdown a second time at noon. The Inn’s owner has not received anything in writing from the government, just armed Forest Rangers with barricades.
The order to close came from US Park Service National Director, Mr. John Jarvis. He has been contacted. [status unknown]. As citizens of these United States, we will exercise our freedom to assemble. We are assembling Saturday, 10/5, from noon til 5pm.
Please be at Pisgah Inn:
- What: Exercising Our first Amendment Right of Freedom to Assemble
- Who: Tea Party Groups/iCaucus Affiliate Groups/Freedom loving Americans
- When: Saturday, 10/5, 12:00 to 5pm (Tues may be another rallye date.)
- Where: Pisgah Inn, Milepost 408.6, Blue Ridge Parkway, Waynesville, NC 28786
It’s not too late. Go now!
Please: Be polite and respectful always. Stay together. Remember: “I’m here to exercise my first amendment rights.” Many of the rangers are very sympathetic. They are doing what they were ordered to do. Also, don’t be afraid to have a conversation with them about OathKeepers.
- TRYANNY – US Park Service – exacting maximum pain and tyranny on private citizens in WNC with “essential” employee, shutdown Pisgah Inn at 6pm on Thursday, re-opened in defiance on Friday. Pishag Inn is PRIVATELY OWNED with an easement through US Park Service land.
More info below
Jane Bilello contacted Rob Miller after Pete Kaliner interview on WWNC, Friday, 10/4, 3:45 pm. Caldwell Tea Party Christine Gates wants to join us to support this business.
Congressman Mark Meadows and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann have contacted the owner and are assisting in providing legal counsel.
Folks, this is tyranny! Wonder why we want our sheriffs to be OathKeepers!
Rob Miller said he would call me when they are open again. WE NEED TO VISIT AND SUPPORT THEM. I will keep everyone apprised. According to a report from Pete Kaliner, a father and children were turned away from using the bathroom facilities and were told to use the woods. (However, the government contract with the Pisgah Inn states that the Inn has to allow folks to use their facilities because of possible contamination of waste in the water table. Wouldn’t that mean that turning them away is breaking the law?)
In the mean time, you can also call Transylvania County Sheriff David Mahoney (D) and tell him to do his job and open the Pisgah Inn!
Who is covering this story:
- Washington Times
- USA Today
- local Channels 7, 13 5 – on Direct TV
- WLOS is covering story
- WWNC radio – 1450 AM Pete Kaliner
- FoxNews channel 5 reporting
use ON TWITTER “#Democratshutdown Pisgah Inn in Brevard NC just to cause pain. Call @senatorhagan demand she fund the parks. #defundobamacare“
To express concern to local law enforcement: